Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Time to Get it Together

Back to the Gym Babes.This was is a holiday season filled with tasty, oh so tasty food, lots of rest and relaxation and very little exercise. Needless to say, if I want this 5K to come to fruition and I want to shed the extra pounds I've packed on since moving to Brooklyn, then I need to get my act together, head back into the gym and get running, lifting and generally moving. THIS article from US News on getting off your booty post-holiday is an oldie, but a goodie. Straight to the point. Get moving!

My plan of action today? I need to get my endurance back up and see if I have any muscle left after being so lazy over this Christmas holiday.
  • 1 hour on the Precor Elliptical doing Glute 2- level 10
  • 45 minutes of weight lifting
    • leg extensions (4 sets of 12)
    • leg curl (4 sets of 12)
    • leverage squats (4 sets of 12)
    • 15 lb hip extensions (3 sets of 20)
  •  lots and lots and lots of stretching- probably 30 minutes of stretching in total
I hadn't realized until writing it down, how absurd it is that I don't do upper body weights. This is something that I have been doing for several months now, but I think its time to start incorporating some upper body weights into my plan so... updates to follow.

Lots of love, Jessy

No comments: