Friday, December 23, 2011

Happy 1 Month Birthday!



Happy Birthday! Friday 12/23 marks the 1 month anniversary of my TWA. Since my big chop, my regimen has changed a bit because I tried different products to see what worked best for me.

Shea Moisture Curling Souffle- FAIL.
Shea Moisture Replenishing DT-WIN.
Suave Naturals Apple Conditioner- WIN.
Burt's Bees Super Shiny GrapeFruit Conditioner- SEMI FAIL.
Cantu Shea Butter- WIN.
Curls Curl Refresher-WIN.
Eco-styler Olive Oil Gel- WIN.
Kinky Curly Curling Custard- OVERPRICED SEMI-WIN.
Aussie Moist- WIN.
Jamaican Black Castor Oil- WIN.
Curls Pomade- WIN.


Current Routine
I co-wash with suave naturals Or Aussie Moist about 3 times a week. After the co-wash, I apply Cantu Shea Butter Leave in and seal with JBCO. I then apply Eco-Styler and roll my palms in a small circular motion to define the coils. After lightly defining the coils, I shingle select areas that still look frizzy with additional Eco-Styler. I spritz with water throughout the process to keep it moist until I'm finished working. This works for my daily styling if my TWA.

On the non-wash days, I refresh with Curls refresher spray or water. If I don't feel like I have time to properly do my hair in the morning it becomes a DT day and I apply a DT under a plastic cap with a hat on top. Fortunately my office environment is very relaxed, so hats are not a problem for me. I don't currently have set wash days or DT days. I just co-wash on any morning I have time, DT if it starts to feel dry and at least once a week, often more.

I've seen the average 1/2 inch of growth I usually see every month. I had to stop taking Viviscal after 4 consecutive months to divert funds to the holidays. I plan to start it again after the new year but ideally would like to find a cheaper alternative.

No comments: