Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pass the Turkey: I Big Chopped!


The night before Thanksgiving, while women all over New York City were preseasoning Turkeys and bakign pies, I was going (near) bald.  Ok, not going bald necessarily. But I was chopping off my relaxed hair. After agonizing over it for 15 weeks, I finally let the hair go! I've had natural hair in the past with everything from braids, to dreads, to an afro, and always wound up back at a relaxer within five years or less. I never took good care of my hair and treated my natural hair like it was invinsible, flat ironing it with...dare I admit... grease. I know- shameful. I plan to do it right this time around, heat free and with natural products so that I can turn this little curly shrub into a thick, lush garden. Stay tuned. :-)

xoxo,

Jessy